In no particular order, here are my ten favorite summer beauty buys. Always there for me; these no-fail wonders do exactly what they’re supposed to all summer long.
1. Maybelline 24 Hour Eyeshadow, Bad To The Bronze, $6. This gorgeous, bronze eyeshadow applies smoothly, and stays put forever. Definitely a winner, and also a must-try for summer Shabbos make up as well!
2. Mary Kay Tinted Moisturizer with Broad Spectrum SPF 20, $18. Tinted moisturizer has always been a long time favorite of mine, but this product really shines in the summertime. Easy to apply and blend, this lightweight face product will fool yourself – and others – into thinking that you’re not wearing any face make up at all. Fragrance free, oil free, and non-comedogenic stats make it suitable for all skin types.
3. St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse, $32. This bronzing mousse is the creme de la cream of self tanners. Easy to apply, it doesn’t streak, and fades naturally. I even found you a deal – $10 less than Sephora! I recommend buying the mitt as well – it definitely perfects the application process. St. Tropez Tan Applicator Mitt, $7.
4. Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration After Sun Lotion, $7. Soothing and moisturizing, this product is a newfound love of mine. A slightly tropical scented moisturizer, intertwined with ribbons of Aloe Vera, calms and protects the skin. Perfect for after the pool, beach, or shower.
5. Mary Kay Lash Love Waterproof Mascara, $15. A uniquely sculpted brush separates and lifts lashes for a fresh, wide-eyed summer look. Ophthalmologist tested, and fragrance free, this mascara allows you to be spontaneous and jump into the pool randomly – even with a full face on.
6. CoverGirl Lipslicks Smoochie in Sweet Tweet, $6. This hybrid lip balm/ lipstick not only moisturizers surprisingly well, but also has beautiful color pay-off, and the most delectable scents. Perfect to throw into your summer purse or pool bag. ( Amazon has a $1.50 off coupon which you clip on the product page. Discount is applied at checkout. )
7. Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc in Peach Mosaic, $40. Laura Mercier has been one of my go-to beauty brands for as long as I can remember. Perfect for light-skinned girls such as myself, Laura has created a line with true toned products, that match any and all skin types. The shimmer bloc is the perfect “do it all” summer must-have. Use it as a bronzer, blush, or even eyeshadow. A bit pricey, this will serve you well for years to come. ( Beauty Tip: Before putting away after the summer, swab with some alcohol to kill any bacteria. Let dry, then store. Do the same when taking out again for usage. )
8. Yes To Cucumbers Natural Sunscreen Stick, SPF 30, $9. I don’t know about you, but I tend to sunburnt in the odd places. My eyebrows, ears, and lips seem to just be irresistible to those dangerous rays. This sunscreen stick is all-natural, which appeals to the health freak in me, and is the perfect for size for taking just about anywhere. Buh-bye odd sunburns!
9. Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes, 25 wipes for $9. Go. Buy. These. Right. Now. Seriously, these make up removing wipes will change your life, and your skin’s life for that matter. These wipes just get it done, easily, and in a non-irritating manner. Make up really soaks into my skin, so in order to go to sleep with clean skin, I generally need to use multiple make up remover wipes, as well as a cleanser and toner. With these babies, I can hop into my cozy bed that much sooner. The brand has exfoliating and oily skin options as well, so although I haven’t tried them, I’d assumed they’re awesome too.
10. Evian Mineral Water Spray Trio, 9.9. 9 Beloved by beauty experts all over the world, Evian sprays will set your makeup, refresh your makeup, and tone you skin whilst doing so. My entire family loves using these on a hot Shabbos afternoon as well, and I always use this Shabbos morning to both moisturizer and freshen my face. This set of three mini trios will definitely come in handy this summer – keep one in your car, one in your pool bag, and another in your makeup bag.